fredag 27 december 2013

11/22/63

Now I´ve managed to do something I thought I never could do. I´ve read an entire novel in english! 850 something pages! And it was good, really good. I´ve always been interested in the Kennedy-murder and the conspiracy-theories surrounding it, and when I found Stephen King´s new novel 11/22/63 I just couldn´t resist buying it. Not even if it was in english. I´ve learned that it now has been translated into swedish, but even so I don´t regret reading it in english. It took a little bit longer, but now I am an experience richer.

And what about the book? As I already said, it was good, really good. Read as an ordinary novel it would have been good, but when you add the underlying kingish strokes of horror and suspence, it becomes something much more. The man can write! And this time he even nailed the ending! (Allthogh he admits having had help writing it...) I especially enjoyed the fact that all the facts presented in the book and all of the story (stories) in the whole book, all 850 pages, held together. Usually when reading a book you can find traces of authorial lazyness, not much, but even a little of that kind spoils much of the experience. At least for me. None of that in this book, though!

I am not going to spoil your reading experience by giving away any of the plot, but if you´re interested in the Kennedy-murder, and if you are, as I am, thrilled by fantasies about time-travelling and you can endure a little bit of horror, I definitely can recommend this book!

Even so, next I think I will read a book with more of a christian message. Novels are good reading, for a change, but I don´t think I could read only novels. That would probably make me choke. Now I really miss the bright air of a good christian book!    

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar